13 Feb 2016

Townie - Mitski

Townie - Mitski
"I'm not gonna be what my daddy wants me to be."
Mitski is another one of my latest discoveries, her music is strangely peculiar and standard at the same time: I have a feeling like her melodies are not particularly original, yet when they are put together, she has a kind of peculiar effect, I don't know how to explain it in words, you have to listen to her songs and try to understand!
"I want a love that falls as fast as a body from the balcony."
It's also weird how many songs I'm finding lately whose lyrics perfectly match with my current thoughts and lifestyle... it happened already with a few artists (namely Florence + the Machine), but lately I've got the feeling that more and more songs have been written related to feelings very much akin to mine right now!
"And I've tried sharing, and I've tried caring [...] and change, change, change is gonna come but when, when, when?"
Now I'm ready to start this lazy Saturday with a lunch with one of my university friends, than I'm gonna go back home and see what to do with my life next week!
"I'm gonna be what my body wants me to be!"


No comments:

Post a Comment