2 Sept 2015

Lens - Alanis Morissette

Lens - Alanis Morissette
You might remember I have been listening to country music in the last few days in my car; after the playlist got to an end, the following one started. And that's 'Critical voices', i.e. my personal selection of the (at least) decent material Alanis Morisette released a couple years ago (wait... was it 2012?! Seriously? So long ago?) as her latest album, bonus tracks and stuff. I've been a big fan since 2008, but I listened to her music since I was little, as my mother's only cassette in the car was Jagged Little Pill. I practically like/love all of her albums until the 2008 Flavors of entanglement, even though the majority of her fan-base started criticising her music in the early 2000s, but her latest album... well, it's just not good. There are very few songs on it I actually genuinely like, but more than half of the material... I wouldn't go out of my way to listen it, let's just put it that way. This is an exception, a beautiful exception, for sure my favourite track of the era. My vietnamese friend T. loves it too since I got her to know it, so maybe you will too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment