31 May 2015

#sundayrevival Straitjacket - Alanis Morissette

Straitjacket - Alanis Morissette
It's being too long since I posted a sundayrevival so I have to do it now and do it well!! Last night I was taking a shower and I decided to play Alanis in the meanwhile: it immediately brought back to 2008, when I started listening to her massively and when her album 'Flavors of entanglement' (one of my absolute favourites of all time) came out. After a few songs I really enjoyed, I turned off the speakers just as this song was about to start and I found myself singing it by heart walking through the house, so I then got to listen to it and decided it would be a perfect post for a sundayrevival! Although it is not a particularly Alanis-like song, it was quite in front of the strongly-produced electronic-pop music that has been going strong since the beginning of the new decade. Moreover the lyrics were really powerful, I realised while singing them "acapella". I'm sure you're gonna love it too! Have a happy sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment