18 Apr 2015

Smoke and mirrors - Imagine Dragons

Smoke and mirrors - Imagine Dragons
I'm getting past my playlist #5 of this year (I'm actually already well into loving the #6, even if I'm listening to them in parallel because I love the songs on them soo much!) and I still have loads of great stuff on it to post here!! Well, I've already mentioned how 'Smoke and mirrors' has a big chance to enter the top list of my favourite albums of this 2015, even if it's still early and I expect many more great releases in the next few months! Anyway I couldn't not devote a little space to the title track, which is methinks the best representation of the main feeling the album gives me, that is... I'd say it reassurance. Let me explain. What I mean is that many songs, after a few listens, have given me the idea that I knew them already, that they have been part of my musical background for a long time, like mid-90s classics... I don't know why I got that feeling, if they are plagiarising (parts of) some of my favourite songs without me noticing, or if they just have been able to create this beautiful atmosphere that makes me enjoy the songs great because they're fresh and to feel comforted by them at the same time! I'll be positive and say bravo to Imagine Dragons!! Have a nice weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment