28 Jan 2015

Big time sensuality - Björk

Big time sensuality - Björk
A few days ago Björk surprisedly released her brand new album, Vulnicura, months before the expected release, about 4 years after her latest album Biophilia (it seems like yesterday that it came out). In between the release of these two albums I completed my getting-to-know the discography of the most famous Icelandic singer-songwriter, not without difficulties. My uncompromised love for her first three albums (from Debut to Homogenic) is in total opposition to my questionable and partial appreciation for the three next releases, in particular Vespertine, which I have always had a very hard time to process, and whose (to me) unremarkable melodies annoy me more than Medulla's crazy, metallic and electrical noises. To the point that I had never listened to Biophilia yet. Until today. Well... the experience has not been unpleasing, but I can't deny it has been tough. I think there is potential for this album to grow in me more than at least a couple of his three predecessors. I haven't got the chance to listen to Vulnicura yet, but I hope I will soon and I will close my personal bjorkish circle. Yet the raw and powerful but clean musical strength of her first triad still remains unmatched in my ears...! Here is one of my favourite examples of it! And, come on, just how brilliant is this video? Genius!


No comments:

Post a Comment