10 Nov 2014

Try not to breathe - R.E.M.

Try not to breathe - R.E.M.
I have been going to the swimming pool today, big strength of will put in play to get out of the bed, get the stuff ready and get going, under the rain... yeah ok, I drove to the pool, so it was not so hard, but it's just the idea... anyway, while driving the short (but busy) road, I got the chance to listen to a few (great) songs. The last one I listened to today is this one, which started when I was already back in my garage (which, by the way, has been in full dark for a few days now, it looks like the set of a horror movie)! I have been deeply in love with this song since I started listening to 'Automatic for the people' (R.E.M.'s best album imho) back in 2011, and I chose it as one of the (for now) two songs that I wish will be played at my funeral, as the lyrics are very meaningful to me. Sad thought? Well, maybe... but it's nice to have a few songs that you feel represent you so much that you would like people to listen to them and remember you, isn't it?


No comments:

Post a Comment