27 Nov 2014

The hanging tree - Jennifer Lawrence

Three fingers kissing the mouth and being raised. Four notes whistled. One more mumbled. Mmmmmh. "I’m a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm..."

The hanging tree - Jennifer Lawrence
Rings a bell? Well, if not... I have been to the cinema tonite to watch Hunger Games n°3, i.e. Mockingjay part 1. I'm still recovering from the experience, listening to Yellow flicker beat on repeat, trying to match Lorde's notes (and failing). But the one thing that struck me the most is this one I'm posting now. I had watched a few friends posting it on Facebook in the past days, but I didn't check it out as I didn't want to ruin the surprise for myself. And well I did. The scene with Katniss singing this song is quite amazing and powerful, probably one of the best in the whole movie (which, let's say it, is not so full of meaningful action and doesn't make much sense watched without the second part, which is going to come next year). I remembered this song from when I read the books sooner this year, but for sure it got a new power on screen. I'll post it here for you, but if you haven't watched the movie yet and are going to, I suggest you don't listen to it now, rather go watch the movie and then listen to it (on repeat).
Because if you enter the room singing Yellow flicker beat in your head, you'll come out of it singing this one. (Well, maybe both)!


No comments:

Post a Comment