26 Aug 2014

Wing (live) - Patti Smith

Wing (live) - Patti Smith
I started listening (again) to Patti last night as while getting through Regina Spektor's album I'm listening to now I found a song whose piano incipit sounded a bit like Patti's Gloria. And building on that I kept on listening to her all afternoon today as when I begin I can't get a hold of myself and stop, so it is natural for me to post a song of hers here today. The one I chose is the one that caught my attention the most this time and, well, it's a song I have a special relationship with. It's not one that struck me strong as soon as I listened to it, actually while listening to Gone Again it passed through quite unnoticed. I started feeling strongly for it while listening to a live version of it on Patti's collection Land and well, this is the version I feel like posting, as it's the one I feel the most.


No comments:

Post a Comment