18 Jun 2014

Wild way - Tori Amos

Wild way - Tori Amos
Here we are! Half time of Russia-Korea Republic, nice match. But most importantly, I'm almost ready to go! I still don't know if I'll be able to get some sleep before leaving, but anyway it's not gonna be that much. Talking about music, I'm gonna post another song from Tori's latest album, as it's been a while since my last (I think it was around the time of her gig in Milan...)! My choice of today goes towards another song of the so-called (by me) "W-triad". You might remember a post about Wedding day a few weeks ago (and yes, that one is still my favourite), but here is one of the other two, the only one she played live at the last concert I've been to. Wild way is a kinda sad song about a woman (presumably the singer herself) complaining with her lover about the fact that it was him who loved her wild way when they were younger, while now it seems like he is somehow overruling her. She hates him (figuratively I suppose) for being the only one able to make her feel gorgeous with a glance, thus showing that their relationship still has meaning, but complaining a bit about the fact that her heart is now easier to invade than it used to be. I really like the concept of this song, as it shows the evolution of a true relationship, where the partners grow together and constantly have to try and find a balance as they evolve and mature together.


No comments:

Post a Comment