8 May 2014

West coast - Lana del Rey

West coast - Lana del Rey
Hello people! Today's not a good day for me to write a blog post: I'm (hopefully) starting to recover from the flu/cold that struck me a couple of days ago and I feel like my head is the size of a balloon, with every muted sound I hear echoing throughout it. If that was not enough, the music I've been listening to today and I wanted to post has not been released yet, so there's no way for me to find a decent video to put here. So I will just exploit this moment of not-being-well-ness and post a tune that made me feel a little bit the same. Lana released the audio of her new single a few weeks ago, but the official video got out just in the last couple of days. I must say I was not impressed (at all) by it the first time I heard it and the feeling of uneasiness persisted during my second listening yesterday. I'm not saying everything is lost, as I've been practically hating Lana's songs at the beginning, before falling for them, so maybe it's just a matter of time. Anyway this West Coast doesn't get through to me for now: some parts of the verses are nice, but the chorus in particular... it is quite disturbing to me. The video doesn't tell me that much either, and this doesn't help... Hopefully I will get past this and fall in love with the song soon, in the meanwhile I'll leave it here for you to decide whether you like it or not!


No comments:

Post a Comment