23 Feb 2014

#sundayrevival Sweeter than anything - PJ Harvey

Sweeter than anything - PJ Harvey
I hope you are all having a good sunday! I am still recovering from yesterday's intensive bike trip, but in the end sunday is the day of resting, isn't it? Anyway, I just wanted to explain a little bit the concept behind my #sundayrevival, to you (and also to myself, 'cause you can never be clear enough). Sundayrevival is my chance to leave room on this blog to my favourite songs, the ones I have been in love with for quite a while and whose posting is not really linked to what I've been listening to lately or to old songs that have come back in fashion. The sundayrevival songs are ALWAYS in fashion for me!
Today's is one of the most beautiful songs I know, quite sad and melancholic, but very powerful and emotional. It is a b-side (goodness only knows how such beauty could be left out of an album) of the 'Is this desire?' era, perfect for a rainy-February-sunday remembrance (and anticipation) of summer days.


No comments:

Post a Comment